Friday, December 25, 2009

Have I told you how much I love you?


Rhody, 5 Christmas Day 2009, wearing Suki's Sunny's
We had a very quite and cool Christmas 15 degrees and rain. Santa found his way up to the Snowy Mountains, Mt Kosciusko, Australia. It was a very pleasant change from the sweltering heat of 40 degrees of Queensland. I can't remember a time when we cooked Roast turkey with all the trimmings. Rod the Head Chef (he used to be a Chef as well), cooked our Turkey Breast and Vegetables in a camp oven on the barbeque, straight on the flame. It was delicious. The children loved their Santa gifts. However Rhody was most disappointed not to be able to test out his Amazing! Fly Gun, as it rained all day. Rod says, "Where do the flies go when it rains?" good title for a book.

There was lots of snuggles through out the day, listening to the rain, singing songs and making up silly words to our favourite ABC kids music. Reading our new Christmas book, Diary of a Wombat by Jackie French. A lovely tale about a cheeky Wombat called Mothball.

Rhody mentioned it was the best Christmas ever and followed with "have I told you, how much I love you?" "No", I said. Rhody then said, "I love you as big as the universe with a pipe through it, love to love"

Now that's big Love!

No comments: