Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Cake Icing

We had the newly weds Beinda and Jonathan and her brother Micheal his wife Julie and baby James over for lunch on the weekend.Rod made Seafood Piaella and I made a Gluten free Pineapple and carrot cake. I trialed a new syrup icing for the carrot cake tahini, honey and lemon juice. I served it with whipped cream. A tip I picked up from Sisters Organic Cafe. Oh My God!!!!! was the response from our guests. I must say it was awesome. Basically about half a cup of tahini then it's trial and error I added a third honey and then sqeezed half a lemon and kept on adding honey and lemon juice to get the perfect taste. Drizzle the syrup all over the cake. It would go with any fruity type of cake carrot, orange and poppy seed, banana, fruit cake etc. Awesome!!!!Enjoy

No comments: