Friday, January 1, 2010

Travels on New Years Day

Happy New Year to you. We spent New Year travelling up and down the mountains in Kosciuszko National Park destination Thredbo Snow resort. We travelled 160km and it took us 4 hours travelling an average 45km/hr. It was a slow journey with the caravan on the back. But it was well worth it the scenery was spectacular. I was mesmerized by the mountains of dead trees which were affected by the 2003 fires and the winter snow. I have nicked named them the Silver Mountains. They go further than the eye can see and just when you think you have seen the last of them around the corner is more Silver Mountains.

Last year, 3 weeks ago I found this little quote on a small plague on a wall at the Questacon - Science and Technology Centre in Canberra. If you are in Canberra and you have children you must go it is brilliant fun for the whole family.I will aim to consciously merge this quote into my life this year. May we all have a year of understanding. Candyxx
when I hear, I forget
when I see, I remember
when I do, I understand
by Dr Micheal Gore, founding director of Questacon























No comments: