Monday, October 4, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

Hello Bloggers I have been neglecting my blog, because I have officially given myself a BLEAK! ( a nick name I have made up for a Blogging Break.) Why??? Well I'll start at Hervey Bay.We visited Grandpa and spent some time catching up with the family. Then we decided to head back home to the Sunshine Coast, Queensland (Home)3 hours south of Hervey Bay. So we have come full Circe and are back home, after 10 months travelling around Australia. WOW! it sadly feels like we never left. Amazing how quickly we adapt. I am so thankful now that I blogged  the whole trip, because we can always go back and relive and cherish these, wonderful memories. I would have liked the end to have been alot more poetic, alas "the end"

We found the most rustic, cute log cabin in the rainforest up in the Hinterlands of the Sunshine Coast. And to top it all off it comes with it's own studio and Gallery. So I have so much work ahead of me. Un packing, sorting, cleaning, updating, organising, finishing projects to make way for new projects. Settling the children into their new school and making a new routine for me and the family so I can attend to my new projects.

I would like to thank all the people who have travelled with me on my journey, friends, colleges and fellow bloggers. Your comments definitely inspired me as I travelled and at times acted as a surrogate friend especially in those times when we travelled through remote areas and I didn't think I could handle another night. I am exhausted and just need a little time out to rest, get organised and start preparing for another exciting journey. There is so much I am looking forward to sharing with you over the next 12 months, new residence, new studio/gallery, upcoming exhibitions, new art work and lots more. So stay tuned!

But first I'm on a little BLEAK! I'll be back when I feel refreshed, rested and super organised.
I'll leave you with a few pictures from our whale watching tour, taken on our last days at Hervey Bay, where the weather was magical.
see you soon Candyxx







photography by Candice Herne

7 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

Oh! I love the whale!!! How awesome that you've actually seen one. Envy! I've been offline a week or two and am behind....but I've really enjoyed all your posts. How lovely to be able to see so much and document it with gorgeous photos. And what memories your children will have. Wow.

Welcome home!

xxx said...

Thank you Thank you for all that you share here.... I absolutely thoroughly enjoy my visits here.

I'm going to alert others to your blog soon. I did attempt to do so recently, but blogger ate my post.
It will happen in the not too distant future as I know that many others would enjoy the Australia through your eyes.

best wishes and welcome home
Robyn

PS... hope that doesn't mean that you will stop sharing here

Nicola Moss said...

Thank you Candy, for all your sharing, it's been wonderful to follow your adventurous travel around and through Australia.
Enjoy your Bleak, you deserve it, your new projects sound wonderful.
I look forward to catching up with you when you feel ready and rested.
xx.Nicola.

Grandpa said...

BLEAK! That's a creative name - it may just catch on.

Log cabin and rainforest...hmmm my kind of place too...

Welcome back, and we look forward to more photos and stories from your journey

sophie munns said...

Welcome Home Candy!
the house in the forest sounds truly fantastic... you really deserve a very good 'bleak' and then Im sure you will have the energy after other things are in place to bring us more tales!
Sx

Anonymous said...

Hi Candy! Have just got back from 5 weeks of travel myself so I know how you feel re 'nothing changing' - it is amazing how quickly time away can feel like a dream. Love your whale shots - my sister lives in Hervey Bay but I have not taken advantage of the whale watching yet. Will have to next time! Your new pad sounds wonderful and looking forward to seeing all the new projects as they unfold. Have a great BLEAK!

Candice Herne said...

Hi WC, Robyn, Nicola, Grandpa, Sophie and JayDee Thanks so much for your comments and especially the ones you have left through out the year. Everyone must be busy preparing for the holiday season. Look forward to hearing from u again. Candyxx